Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Reunion 09


This is a photo taken right outside Yellowstone. We drove up to Island Park for the Yates reunion and had an amazing time. The cabin was beautiful and the grandkids ran around outside 24/7. Cathy planned a duathalon that began with a lake swim and was followed by a run. I never realized my swimming lacked such skill until I resembled a drowned rat. Swimming never seemed so difficult until I regained memories of my childhood. I was always the old kid in beginning swim class, practically doubling their size. Diving was definitely my weak point; I have yet to gain that talent. Furthermore, I lost by a long shot as my dad ran along side the lake to ensure my safe trip to shore. Note to self, join Teryk's swim class next year.


4 comments:

  1. Ha! That is hilarious! I am a terrible swimmer too, Angie, don't feel bad. I half doggie paddle, half sink the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA!! You can leave Swifty with me, and do a Swim Class that is a LITTLE more on your level! After all, you CAN swim without floaties! :D Cute picture of your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you can borrow my wet suit that I use for my triathlons... it gives you some buoyancy so it isn't as hard to swim... I swear it helps!

    Then I was going to ask whose baby Isaiah was holding, but soon realized it was Nolan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that so much of your family was able to get together!! They do make beginner swimming classes for adults - I bet that would be kind of fun! Or just do the sink or swim method till you get the hang of it :D

    ReplyDelete