Monday, November 2, 2009

Frightening yet fun filled Fall!

October has flown by as I already await the festivities of Christmas. We started the week with the pumpkin patch and ended it with the traditional trunk-or-treating.
Typically, our day at the pumpkin patch had to be the first snow of the year! I hadn't even boughten my kids winter coats yet but luckily Brooke let Swift wear Aram's jacket. It was freezing! Teryk looks so innocent and loveable, go figure :). He is sweet when he wants to be, that's for sure.
This is the first time I had ever been to Sutherland Farms and I was impressed. Teryk would switch between wanting to stay all day and wanting to go home because he was freezing. I love Aram in the left. I didn't even notice until just now, cute!

Check out the snow and corn in the sky! Don't they look happy...

I love the smiles! I had her tipped upside down at church yesterday and found another tooth! I had no idea she would get one already seeming how Teryk had only two at age one. Technically she is still a slow teether but I am pretty excited about her tooth number three.



Teryk loved this little ride, I thought it was bumpy. I kept trying to turn around and take a picture of Teryk and Aram but I would risk losing Swift out of the little car. At least I got a few good ones.


My lovely pumpkin! Nice toothless smile; can't picture him any other way.


Swift and I in our car that was slightly too small.

Swift always has this train sign in her mouth and I have no idea how she keeps finding it in her room. The pumpkin was made especially for Teryk and he is so proud of the missing teeth.

Giving pumpkin some loving.

This was taken just after Trent carved the big pumpkin and Swift kept wanting to dig inside.
We went to jasper's school to trick-or-treat and here is the Swifty in her costume.

Teryk plays the perfect part of BamBam, teeth and all. He was so excited to be him until he saw a Bumblebee Transformer costume that changed into a car.

This was just before trunk-or-treating at the church. The weather was not so bad since it warmed up after the first snow. I always seem to choose the costumes that can give my kids the greatest opportunity for frost bite.

We painted their hair and Swift was not an easy canvas. Teryk stayed still most of the time and his white hair turned out great. Swift kept spinning around and the orange got all over the place. I am pretty sure her pink car seat still has a hint of orange.


If you can't tell, Swift's ponytail is green to look like a pumpkin. I sewed Teryk's costume with no pattern and was lucky it didn't fall apart by the end of the night.
This was our week of Fall festivities and we had a blast. Now I get to enjoy the best season of all and eat the yummiest food of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I love the toothless pumpkin,.. and the little Pumpkin girl, and Bam Bam, and the fact that you posted... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are getting so big!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete